India vs West Indies: Second ODI shifted from Indore to Visakhapatnam

India vs West Indies: Second ODI shifted from Indore to Visakhapatnam

Visakhapatnam will host the second ODI between India and the West Indies, the BCCI said Wednesday, after a dispute regarding the distribution of complimentary passes moved the October 24 game out of Indore.

The Holkar Stadium at Indore, which was scheduled to host the match, lost out because of a dispute between the Indian board and the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association over the distribution of complimentary passes.

“The second Paytm ODI to be played between India and Windies Indies will now be held at Visakhapatnam’s Dr. YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium,” the BCCI said in an official release.

According to the new BCCI constitution, 90% tickets of the aggregate capacity of the stadium must be put on the public sale, which effectively leaves 10% of complimentary tickets left with state units.

In this situation, the Holkar stadium has the ability to suit 27,000 fans and MPCA was left with 2700 complimentary tickets.

The BCCI additionally requests its share of free passes for its sponsors and in this way the bone of dispute.

The demand for free passes during international games has always been an issue with BCCI affiliated units.

The match will now be held at the scenic ACA-VDCA (Andhra Cricket Association/Visakhapatnam DistrictCricket Association) ground, set on the edges of the port city in the midst of scenic hills.

The West Indies and India will play five one-day internationals matches in the series.

Something to say about this article? Comment below and share it or connect with us on FacebookTwitter, and Google+.

Leave a Reply